10/5/09 the journey starts
So yesterday was my the first of my ivf visits..
we were late because of traffic & couldnt find parking...thankfully there's a parking port the next block over from my doctors office (expensive but there).
So we ran in cause we were a half hour late which i thought was going to ruin it all...and i ran to anesthesiology first. I was all bent out of shape, I was crying because I was so stressed out--and they said it was ok I was late- they took me in--and basically all it was--are you allergic to anything, have you been knocked out before..etc. then she told me her child is a product of IVF and she understands it's easy to cry..and this is going to be successful for me.
Next stop....IVF class..some how I knew it was going to be similar to the class I took for injectables ----so we sat thru this..watched a video of what they aregoing to do..the do's and donts and questions from people. I felt like a scholar there..i knew it all..and these people who are much older then me...asked questions==but questions are fine..dont get me wrong--but repeated items...like the monitoring hours..c'mon the lady said it 4x....get w/ it.
Then we went downstairs to do blood tests/etc
It was like 15 tubes of blood from me...then they did vajay jay cultures..poor eddie got 15 tubes of blood..
Then we met w/ our IVF coordinator--who was ordering my meds...
WOAH nelly on the meds...there are soooo many meds.
From my injectables, to the bc to the antibiotics to even steroids.....they'll all be here today.
Then we did eddies Semen Analysis...i know how fun it is for him rofl...so i go in w/ him..and actually just entertain him--but this room was the best...levines office was great (eddie was the cherry popper of levines office LOL) but it had all these naughty magazines & movies..rofl...so i was showing eddie BIG BUTTS ROFL and he was getting mad at me....so i knew it was time for us to handle business...I'm the cup holder HAHAHAHAH (TMI I KNOW)
After that we were on the road...
seriously i wasnt out of there 25 mins and the pharmacy was already calling me about my prescriptions. My nurse called w/ instructions & the pharmacy called again.
So here's the game plan:
Tonight- for 5 days- I have to vaginally insert 200mg of Prometrium (to get my period)
When period comes--call and start Desogin bc for 18 days.
Which will probably bring us into nov 1-2 we will do approx. 14 days of gonal f & meno pur injectables (which during that time i'll have to go to westchester (it's closer) to get monitored blood work & u/s to watch the growth of my follicles)
When I reach their goal...we'll schedule a egg retrieval..but days before that eddie has to start doxcycline. The day of retrieval........it's in manhattan--and then I have to start doxcycline & medrol.
3-5 days later--while in the meantime i'm doing projesterone shots - they will play w/ my eggs..and see what's good quality--and etc. and mix it w/ hubbys sperm.
They will call me the morning of transfer (which is last minute cause they try to make them the best quality) and that day have to go back to manhattan and get them transfered over.
Continuing progesterone--
1 week later---go in for a progesterone count to make sure my numbers are ok
2 weeks later---go in for a pregnancy test.
I should know by the end of november if I'm pregnant.
My ivf coordinator is great..she emails me..my nurse is so nice and silly. My doctor--he's ok...i've met more w/ bedside manner but he knows his shit..and the anesthesiologist is so cute....she's very nice. sooooooooooooo
here it goes right?
here's all the meds i get today:
Desogen birth control pills - 1 pack with 1 refill
Prometrium 200mg - 10 tablets with 0 refills
Gonal-F 900IU - 3 with 2 refills
Menopur 75IU vials - 5 with 2 refills
Ganirelix acetate (Antagon) - 4 with 2 refills
Ovidrel - 2 with 0 refills
Medrol 16mg - 7 tablets with 0 refills
Doxycycline 100mg - 14 tablets with 0 refills
Doxycycline 100mg - 20 tablets with 0 refills (partner)
Progesterone in Oil 50mg/ml 10ml vials - 2 with 4 refills
3cc syringes, 22G 1 1/2" needles - 30 with 4 refills (to mix Menopur; inject progesterone)
18G 1 1/2"needles - 20 wtih 4 refills (to draw up progesterone)
27G 1/2" needles - 20 with 1 refills (to inject menopur)
we were late because of traffic & couldnt find parking...thankfully there's a parking port the next block over from my doctors office (expensive but there).
So we ran in cause we were a half hour late which i thought was going to ruin it all...and i ran to anesthesiology first. I was all bent out of shape, I was crying because I was so stressed out--and they said it was ok I was late- they took me in--and basically all it was--are you allergic to anything, have you been knocked out before..etc. then she told me her child is a product of IVF and she understands it's easy to cry..and this is going to be successful for me.
Next stop....IVF class..some how I knew it was going to be similar to the class I took for injectables ----so we sat thru this..watched a video of what they aregoing to do..the do's and donts and questions from people. I felt like a scholar there..i knew it all..and these people who are much older then me...asked questions==but questions are fine..dont get me wrong--but repeated items...like the monitoring hours..c'mon the lady said it 4x....get w/ it.
Then we went downstairs to do blood tests/etc
It was like 15 tubes of blood from me...then they did vajay jay cultures..poor eddie got 15 tubes of blood..
Then we met w/ our IVF coordinator--who was ordering my meds...
WOAH nelly on the meds...there are soooo many meds.
From my injectables, to the bc to the antibiotics to even steroids.....they'll all be here today.
Then we did eddies Semen Analysis...i know how fun it is for him rofl...so i go in w/ him..and actually just entertain him--but this room was the best...levines office was great (eddie was the cherry popper of levines office LOL) but it had all these naughty magazines & movies..rofl...so i was showing eddie BIG BUTTS ROFL and he was getting mad at me....so i knew it was time for us to handle business...I'm the cup holder HAHAHAHAH (TMI I KNOW)
After that we were on the road...
seriously i wasnt out of there 25 mins and the pharmacy was already calling me about my prescriptions. My nurse called w/ instructions & the pharmacy called again.
So here's the game plan:
Tonight- for 5 days- I have to vaginally insert 200mg of Prometrium (to get my period)
When period comes--call and start Desogin bc for 18 days.
Which will probably bring us into nov 1-2 we will do approx. 14 days of gonal f & meno pur injectables (which during that time i'll have to go to westchester (it's closer) to get monitored blood work & u/s to watch the growth of my follicles)
When I reach their goal...we'll schedule a egg retrieval..but days before that eddie has to start doxcycline. The day of retrieval........it's in manhattan--and then I have to start doxcycline & medrol.
3-5 days later--while in the meantime i'm doing projesterone shots - they will play w/ my eggs..and see what's good quality--and etc. and mix it w/ hubbys sperm.
They will call me the morning of transfer (which is last minute cause they try to make them the best quality) and that day have to go back to manhattan and get them transfered over.
Continuing progesterone--
1 week later---go in for a progesterone count to make sure my numbers are ok
2 weeks later---go in for a pregnancy test.
I should know by the end of november if I'm pregnant.
My ivf coordinator is great..she emails me..my nurse is so nice and silly. My doctor--he's ok...i've met more w/ bedside manner but he knows his shit..and the anesthesiologist is so cute....she's very nice. sooooooooooooo
here it goes right?
here's all the meds i get today:
Desogen birth control pills - 1 pack with 1 refill
Prometrium 200mg - 10 tablets with 0 refills
Gonal-F 900IU - 3 with 2 refills
Menopur 75IU vials - 5 with 2 refills
Ganirelix acetate (Antagon) - 4 with 2 refills
Ovidrel - 2 with 0 refills
Medrol 16mg - 7 tablets with 0 refills
Doxycycline 100mg - 14 tablets with 0 refills
Doxycycline 100mg - 20 tablets with 0 refills (partner)
Progesterone in Oil 50mg/ml 10ml vials - 2 with 4 refills
3cc syringes, 22G 1 1/2" needles - 30 with 4 refills (to mix Menopur; inject progesterone)
18G 1 1/2"needles - 20 wtih 4 refills (to draw up progesterone)
27G 1/2" needles - 20 with 1 refills (to inject menopur)
Comments